Why use resinous materials?
Most design professionals are taking advantage of opportunities to move away from traditional materials like carpet, ceramic, quarry tile, and vinyl and specify resinous floor and wall systems. Here’s why:
1) Resinous materials are GREEN and SUSTAINABLE. When ceramic tile has outlived its usefulness, it is scraped up and placed in a landfill. Resinous materials stay with the building forever! They can be recoated if necessary to “freshen” them up or change color.
2) Most resinous materials will help you qualify for LEED points.
3) Resinous systems are cost-effective.
4) Most resinous materials last longer than other finishes, and have a lower life-cycle cost.
5) Durability – Most resinous materials are much more durable, impact, abrasion and chemical resistant than their more traditional counterparts.
6) Slip-coefficient can be adjusted to meet your specifications on every flooring product. Not so with traditional materials.
7) Resinous systems typically have no seams, gaps or other openings where moisture and microbes can pass or grow. The patented Prime Coat Seamless System adds the security of bridging the floor, walls and ceiling of a facility.
8) Anti-microbial agents can be added to resinous systems.
9) Resinous systems can be installed over most substrates, covering many problems, like cracks and gaps. Many systems create an impervious moisture barrier.
10) The broad array of colors, styles, and patterns for resinous products are on par with any other finish – making them appropriate for all types of construction.